Purchasing a new roof is a hefty investment to make, which means homeowners should be especially selective when entrusting a roofing contractor to complete such an important task.
There are two types of roofing contractors to consider for your next roofing project: independent roofing contractors and roofing companies. Depending on what you’re looking for, both are viable options, but the overall process and final results can differ if preliminary points aren’t considered prior to hiring your roofing specialist.
Points to Consider Before Talking to a Roofing Contractor:
- Timeline – Though independent roofing contractors are convenient for quick repairs and work directly with the client from start to finish, there is always a lingering risk that the project will be subject to delays and prolonged for extensive periods of time. The best roofing companies often have teams dedicated to seeing that the process sticks to a certain timeline once a labor date is scheduled.
- Price – Homeowners tend to appreciate the affordability offered by independent contractors, as they are less expensive than traditional roofing companies. Realistically speaking though, the cheapest bid isn’t always your best bet, and chances are, if the price tag is too good to be true, it probably is. In short, you get what you pay for, so don’t take the cheap way out.
- Contracts – Due to Florida’s climate and high volume of tropical storms, predatory contractors may also try to lock you into contracts and agreements without having the necessary credentials and experience needed to repair your roof, especially if located in vulnerable storm-prone areas like Sarasota.
With these points in mind, Sarasota homeowners should be prepared with a list of screening questions to determine if the desired contractor has adequate knowledge and qualifications for the job. (Review our Roof Buyer’s Guide for more information.)
Preliminary Questions to Ask a Roofing Contractor
- Do you install all types of roofing?
- Do you work with homeowner’s insurance companies during the claim filing process?
- Do you have the necessary/current licensing?
- Are free on-site inspections and estimates offered?
- Who will be the point of contact during the roofing process?
- Is your work covered or insured by a manufacturer warranty?
- How long are roofing projects projected to last?
- What are the financing options?
Want a Roof Backed By Baldwin? Call Now!
At Baldwin Roofing Company, we are a manufacturer-certified and trusted roofing contractor. We service the Sarasota area and pride ourselves on our unparalleled customer service. Our primary goal is to ensure the entire roofing process runs smoothly for each and every customer, so if you’re in Sarasota and wish to proceed with quality roofing services, contact us today!